Saturday, September 10, 2005
- Name: Paul Denton
- Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I'm a university student living within spitting distance of Parliament Hill, with a profound sense of shame and embarassment for most things Canadian. You'd think this seems paradoxical, but it's not; I'm just self-loathing and masochistic. I'd have to be, to stay here for the time being. I lean right and pro-American, insofar as I see conservative politics to be the least harmful option among the existing choices and the United States the least oppressive of all nations; to paraphrase Winston Churchill, they're the worst, except for all the others. I doubt I'll manage to say anything unique or profound here, so I won't necessarily try. Expect personal anecdotes about Ottawa, bitter political banter, and the occasional bout of drooling over beautiful or quirky animation.
- The pious, hateful and devout
- Hunt me down, smear my name
- We moved into uncharted lands
- A city that the damned call home
- You're on the air, I'm underground; signal's fadin...
- Seems a downright shame, seems an awful waste
- Don't let me stop your great self-destruction
- Instead of government we had a stage
- I hacked my way through the thicket; a maze of fra...
- Let man's petty nations tear themselves apart