Thursday, August 18, 2005

Apologiae

Real life takes precedence. I know that it's sure (ha) to disappoint the literal dozens of regular readers I have, but that's a large part of why I haven't been posting much lately. I've got enough work on my plate, between my real job (graphic design for a local ad company) and the other thing (graphic design, proofreading, and database maintenance for the HM), that there have been days recently when I've forgotten to eat, let alone make entirely-on-autopilot attempts at wit or insight via blog. Coupled with that, of course, is that it's late August; there isn't much going on at the immediate and personal level to talk about. Sure, I have opinions about recent topics of note (Cindy Sheehan? Creepy and kind of despicable, if justified in venting her grief, no matter how inappropriately. The Gaza pullout? Not necessarily a bad strategic move, but it does seem to be in this case. The continued federalist-separatist dichotomy embodied in the person of Michaƫlle Jean? A great big solid meh; she's an overt political choice, and certainly a potentially damaging one, but that isn't a good enough Gotcha to stay obsessed over for long.) - but I just don't have the energy to be anything but dazedly concessionary about them. Is it worth getting worked up over? I have to say that nothing really is in the short term, at the moment. This, too, shall pass. You'll forgive me, then, if I continue to be largely indifferent for the time being. At least until classes start, most likely; I'm sure I'll have plenty to vent about while enduring fourth-year seminar courses in Women's and Canadian History.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home