Thursday, June 23, 2005
- Name: Paul Denton
- Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I'm a university student living within spitting distance of Parliament Hill, with a profound sense of shame and embarassment for most things Canadian. You'd think this seems paradoxical, but it's not; I'm just self-loathing and masochistic. I'd have to be, to stay here for the time being. I lean right and pro-American, insofar as I see conservative politics to be the least harmful option among the existing choices and the United States the least oppressive of all nations; to paraphrase Winston Churchill, they're the worst, except for all the others. I doubt I'll manage to say anything unique or profound here, so I won't necessarily try. Expect personal anecdotes about Ottawa, bitter political banter, and the occasional bout of drooling over beautiful or quirky animation.
- Just like all the others, he's expecting us to be ...
- Sir, I don't much like your tone, that superciliou...
- Do you think you're what they say you are?
- The future is a barren world
- Stop the train; stop everything
- So there it is, Doc, spelled out plain
- Some strange deranged expression
- You can't fill too many coffers with the wages of ...
- Our strength and defiance
- Looking around here you'd think, sure, she's got e...