Tuesday, May 10, 2005
- Name: Paul Denton
- Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I'm a university student living within spitting distance of Parliament Hill, with a profound sense of shame and embarassment for most things Canadian. You'd think this seems paradoxical, but it's not; I'm just self-loathing and masochistic. I'd have to be, to stay here for the time being. I lean right and pro-American, insofar as I see conservative politics to be the least harmful option among the existing choices and the United States the least oppressive of all nations; to paraphrase Winston Churchill, they're the worst, except for all the others. I doubt I'll manage to say anything unique or profound here, so I won't necessarily try. Expect personal anecdotes about Ottawa, bitter political banter, and the occasional bout of drooling over beautiful or quirky animation.
- I simply gotta march, my heart's a drummer
- Better not let me catch you slacking; better not c...
- The power you're supplying; it's electrifying
- You silly oaf, you mad galoot
- As a teacher I've been learning (You'll forgive me...
- Before you showed me what you really are
- And it won't make one bit of difference if I answe...
- Aim high, we're having a ball
- A certain natural gift of rhetoric