Thursday, May 19, 2005
- Name: Paul Denton
- Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I'm a university student living within spitting distance of Parliament Hill, with a profound sense of shame and embarassment for most things Canadian. You'd think this seems paradoxical, but it's not; I'm just self-loathing and masochistic. I'd have to be, to stay here for the time being. I lean right and pro-American, insofar as I see conservative politics to be the least harmful option among the existing choices and the United States the least oppressive of all nations; to paraphrase Winston Churchill, they're the worst, except for all the others. I doubt I'll manage to say anything unique or profound here, so I won't necessarily try. Expect personal anecdotes about Ottawa, bitter political banter, and the occasional bout of drooling over beautiful or quirky animation.
- Going through the motions, losing all my drive
- What's going on around me is barely making sense
- You're running up and down that hill, you turn it ...
- So it's very shrewd to be, very very popular, like...
- Don't nobody bring me no bad news
- How can someone in your state be so cool about you...
- Then, I was inspired; now, I'm sad and tired
- Hurry, you fool, hurry, and go; save me your speec...
- You liar, You Judas
- This isn't blood money, it's a fee, nothing more