Friday, March 04, 2005

What we have here is an ethical dilemma

Well. This is interesting. As can be seen, my Cinema Display came a bit early, and brought along a friend. Apple's invoices - paper and e-mail - and Purolator's packing slips claim only one was ordered and paid for. I'm still in the process of confirming what kind of credit card charges have or haven't been applied. On the one hand, keeping both while paying for only one would be wrong. On the other, I'm all for punishing incompetence. If mistakes like this cost Apple enough money that the Mighty Jobs decides thorough reform of the company's shipping infrastructure is necessary, well...then...am I not performing a positive good? Yeah, that's the ticket. (At least, that's what I could tell myself. The idea of a dual-ACD desktop is kind of tempting, right now.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think ethics demand you sell the extra one. And for that reason you should go with the luck of the Irish and sell it to someone whose name starts with an A and ends with ndrew. In fact we can even ignore the rest of his name and simply call the person Andrew. If you choose not to you'll definately go to hell. And the leprechauns will be pissed. Very Pissed. Very Very VEEEERY pissed leprechauns with knobly little clubs, and quaint wee sayings... sayings like "Ayyye, ye fat bastard! Nah ye'll be cobbled to aiilll thae colahs 'o thae raenba nah"

p.s. I'll be sending the goons to back up the leprechauns too... 'case you get fiesty

3/04/2005 03:03:00 PM  
Blogger Michael McDonald said...

As the person largely responsible for directing you into Apple's loving arms, I think you have a moral obligation to give it to me.

3/04/2005 03:43:00 PM  
Blogger darcey said...

40" wide screen - that must be what they meant by cinema display

3/04/2005 06:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home