Saturday, March 12, 2005

The privileged few, plus you-know-who

Something new I found out today during a few hours at the office, while barely making a dent in that massive job for the HM: The internal Parliamentary cable network carries C-SPAN. (Hey, I've never had the office to myself before; otherwise, I would have changed the channel from Newsworld long ago.) I'm jealous. Also a bit angry, because that's not available as an option to private consumers, despite long ago being approved by the CRTC to be rebroadcast in Canada. (If it's listed anywhere on Rogers' or Bell's channel line-ups, I'm missing it.) It's not that I imagine I'd watch it much - or, at least, no more than CPAC, which would mean only in the case of interesting impending legislation. But I resent not having the option, as ever, to decide that for myself.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Tiger said...

Paul, you have broadband, right? Watch it online. Stick it to the man.

3/12/2005 07:47:00 PM  
Blogger Paul Denton said...

Ah, but that would sap system resources, further slowing down an already-quite-sluggish Defiant. When I get my G5, it'll be a valid option, though.

3/12/2005 08:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home