Tuesday, March 29, 2005
- Name: Paul Denton
- Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I'm a university student living within spitting distance of Parliament Hill, with a profound sense of shame and embarassment for most things Canadian. You'd think this seems paradoxical, but it's not; I'm just self-loathing and masochistic. I'd have to be, to stay here for the time being. I lean right and pro-American, insofar as I see conservative politics to be the least harmful option among the existing choices and the United States the least oppressive of all nations; to paraphrase Winston Churchill, they're the worst, except for all the others. I doubt I'll manage to say anything unique or profound here, so I won't necessarily try. Expect personal anecdotes about Ottawa, bitter political banter, and the occasional bout of drooling over beautiful or quirky animation.
- Ain't no passing craze
- Looking after number one will be my only creed
- Glorious technicolor, breathtaking cinemascope
- Life Upon the Wicked Stage
- Going to school, and I can't be late
- Every wink and every stare is the neighbourhood's ...
- And next, the room was full of wild and angry men;...
- Gazizza, my dilznoofuses
- I could cheer; the reason's clear
- In the sunlight, who can see a flame?