Saturday, February 05, 2005

Your twin brother and your accuser

For the past month, I've been making a living designing ads for a local-market advertising flyer. One recent client gave me only a low-resolution faxed copy of their logo, so I had to recreate it as a vector image to use at the 300dpi required for print resolution. The whole time, I kept thinking it seemed remarkably familiar, but not until six hours later did I realize why: It's the Commodore logo. Sort of. Rather, it's composed of eerily-similar simple geometric elements; the Commodore logo, perhaps, as imitated in cargo-cult or knockoff-brand fashion. I doubt Comfort King is too close to trademark infringement, and I don't think they have much to fear from the current owners of the name. Still, it's a mildly creepy phenomenon, and I'm surprised it took me so long to make the association.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home