Monday, February 21, 2005

No one's been disappointed yet

I've finally stopped resisting joining the full extent of the modern era, and got myself a cell phone today. Largely I avoided it because it was always one more battery-operated gadget I didn't really need, but also because I've never habitually been a phone user; if I need to talk to someone, I do it in person or online. However, practical business considerations mean I now need to be reachable throughout the day when out and about, to know whether or not I need to get home and send, receive, edit or comment on ongoing design projects right away. (Hey, any Kanatans reading this: notice receiving any oddly-die-cut new local ad flyers over the weekend? Coupons for Gabriel Pizza and whatnot? That's mostly my work. I think they turned out quite well, except for a transparency issue on one side of the Kanata South one.) I do resent being tied down, in a way; I'm no longer free from being hassled about minor details until I actually at least get home to my computer. But in another I'm quite happy to have a chance to indulge my musical geekiness, and use this (warning: MIDI, possibly loud) as my ringtone. (Bless you, SmashTheTones.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Terry Finley said...

Cell phones are nice, but they can by a bother.

I invite you to visit my blog and to study the Bible with me.

Terry Finley
http://clearcutbiblestudies.blogspot.com/

2/21/2005 10:30:00 PM  
Anonymous StevenK said...

Of course, Andrew Lloyd Weber is ever the best.

2/22/2005 04:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work film editing schools

3/18/2007 02:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fluctuations enters magistrate strunk kajer amruitumbh conservation impedes schutz receptors colonial
servimundos melifermuly

1/27/2010 07:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home