Thursday, February 10, 2005

Better learn to go it alone, recognize you're out on your own

Well, I've had an eventful day. I'm now - again - employed by a member of Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition. Not the same one as previously, and by no means someone I'd vote for (unless the alternatives were really horrendous), but a job that looks good on a résumé is nothing to scoff at. I don't particularly need the money right now, but I'll do this because the pay is good, regardless, and because the guy who got me the job likes my work. It's not an apolitical position, but I can treat it as one. That's the beauty of the limited nature of the job: it requires so little contact with the rest of the office that I really can separate the personal from the political. (And, privately, I can rejoice that allocated funds aren't going to an actual party supporter. I call all kinds of deliciously ironic shenanigans on that.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home