Tuesday, January 04, 2005
- Name: Paul Denton
- Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I'm a university student living within spitting distance of Parliament Hill, with a profound sense of shame and embarassment for most things Canadian. You'd think this seems paradoxical, but it's not; I'm just self-loathing and masochistic. I'd have to be, to stay here for the time being. I lean right and pro-American, insofar as I see conservative politics to be the least harmful option among the existing choices and the United States the least oppressive of all nations; to paraphrase Winston Churchill, they're the worst, except for all the others. I doubt I'll manage to say anything unique or profound here, so I won't necessarily try. Expect personal anecdotes about Ottawa, bitter political banter, and the occasional bout of drooling over beautiful or quirky animation.
- Bent and lame
- The medium is the message
- The doctor even knows the reason why the facts are...
- If that ain’t worth a buck, my name ain’t Phineas
- We'll all sing a song full of comfort and joy
- Bond me and bail me, drug me or jail me, stamp me ...
- We will stand by your side, filled with hope and f...
- I am Cow, here I stand, far and wide across this l...
- We have gold, a market that will hold