Sunday, December 19, 2004

Cut the confessions, forget the excuses

I sold a shortwave radio to Scott Brison at work today. I didn't even initially recognize him, actually, but did something of a double-take on swiping his credit card through the cash. It took mustering all my powers of self-control to not, having the chance to speak to him in person, harangue him for his power-mad treachery. It would have been satisfying, but I need this job slightly more at the moment than the satisfaction of calling a turncoat out to his face. (In the same fashion, I once refrained from loudly castigating Joe Clark when he spent most of a quiet evening hanging around the airport bookstore where I used to work. Huzzah for keeping the personal and the professional separate, no matter how twitch-inducingly enervating it may be.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Temujin said...

You deserve a hearty "congrats" for not booting the bastard where he needs it most.

But why in the world is he buying a shortwave radio anyways.... hmmmmmmmmm.

12/21/2004 06:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home