Tuesday, November 09, 2004
- Name: Paul Denton
- Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I'm a university student living within spitting distance of Parliament Hill, with a profound sense of shame and embarassment for most things Canadian. You'd think this seems paradoxical, but it's not; I'm just self-loathing and masochistic. I'd have to be, to stay here for the time being. I lean right and pro-American, insofar as I see conservative politics to be the least harmful option among the existing choices and the United States the least oppressive of all nations; to paraphrase Winston Churchill, they're the worst, except for all the others. I doubt I'll manage to say anything unique or profound here, so I won't necessarily try. Expect personal anecdotes about Ottawa, bitter political banter, and the occasional bout of drooling over beautiful or quirky animation.
- Recline yourself, resign yourself
- But the dead don't talk
- Gone where the goblins go
- Through the dark turns and noise of this wicked li...
- With deference and great respect very much the nor...
- Bit by bit the pieces fit
- When the final showdown came at last, a law book w...
- Everything worth living for
- When the ones who matter have their say
- There's something else that makes the tune complet...