Monday, October 04, 2004

Try not to get worried, try not to turn on to problems that upset you

Ahhhh. There's the sweet, sweet confirmation I needed. One poll has Kerry ahead by 2 points, one has Bush and Kerry tied, and this latest one for the past week's news cycle shows Bush leading by 5. My inclination, therefore, is to believe that the first and last more or less cancel themselves out - though the damage has already been done, in friendly media writing the Kerry Comeback narrative. Which means it's still a dead heat. It's always been a dead heat, with a slight edge for Bush. I feel a bit bad now, having panicked and slumped into a funk over the weekend. But that was always the point. I hereby resolve, then, to ignore obvious spin. I will not start going wobbly over an objective draw of a debate, nor will I keep anxiously refreshing sources for new poll numbers; that's what crushed my hopes so thoroughly in June. I will have faith and I will stop spazzing out over minor setbacks. I swear. (Of course, I reserve the right to obsess over any sudden and unlikely Bush-by-10-points results. I'm only human.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home