Monday, October 25, 2004

I must let my vision guide me; I'm so weary of the fight

I was momentarily upset by the news that Joss Whedon wants out of TV...right up until I remembered two things: First, it's not as though he's capable of keeping a show on the air any more, no matter how well-written. S5 of Angel approached utter brilliance in the way it managed to portray a mature, fully-developed fictional world; it was still thrown to the wolves. I'm slightly sorry I even watched Firefly at all, knowing that it'll only continue with (as yet) a single feature film. Whedon, sadly, doesn't seem to be the kind of guy who can pull any weight with networks. Which brings me to the second reason, what he's sublimated his influence into: Obnoxiously shilling for Kerry. I didn't want to know that. I mean, it's a step up from supporting Wes Clark, I'll grant, but not by much. Write, damn you. Direct. Produce. Create something I'll watch, because I will watch it. But just shut up about politics, please? It saps my latent goodwill, and without new Buffy or Angel, that's in danger of being depleted entirely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home