Wednesday, October 13, 2004
- Name: Paul Denton
- Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I'm a university student living within spitting distance of Parliament Hill, with a profound sense of shame and embarassment for most things Canadian. You'd think this seems paradoxical, but it's not; I'm just self-loathing and masochistic. I'd have to be, to stay here for the time being. I lean right and pro-American, insofar as I see conservative politics to be the least harmful option among the existing choices and the United States the least oppressive of all nations; to paraphrase Winston Churchill, they're the worst, except for all the others. I doubt I'll manage to say anything unique or profound here, so I won't necessarily try. Expect personal anecdotes about Ottawa, bitter political banter, and the occasional bout of drooling over beautiful or quirky animation.
- Debate #3: It's so difficult to concentrate
- This is easy to believe, when distant places call ...
- The vultures have a hunch; Not everyone invited wi...
- Willin' for the shillin'
- Now with a word they claim the power to deny me
- Pardon me while I disappear
- I'll have nobody toy with my comfort and joy
- Quite Happy, John
- Debate #2: Finale Ultimo