Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Debate #3: Choose Wisely

"Is homosexuality a choice?" Bush knocks one out of the park, such as he can, here - he doesn't know, but let's respect each other. Says Alwyn via IM, "That was a fucking fantastic answer, for a person I completely disagree with." Kerry, on the other hand, is off on a tangent about how we're all God's creatures (even that poor Mary Cheney, her family's so embarassed, doncha know, oh yes). It was reasonable, yes, but dull as hell; I suspect Bush actually managed to win this round, and I wouldn't have bet on that, ever. On abortion and Catholicism, Kerry pulls a pretty good straddle, one that I think Catholic Democrats will be able to respect. He's not evangelical about his faith, such as it. I don't see the partial-birth abortion ban as particularly noteworthy. Symbolic, yes, but not practically noteworthy in a day-to-day way. Bush is otherwise solid, explaining why he'd prefer to avoid abortion. Perhaps a bit weak, maybe; I'm not sure.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kateland, aka TZH said...

When the Senator brought up Cheney's daughter - that's when I turned off the debate - it was base and cheap.

10/14/2004 05:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home