Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Debate #3: Abortion and Casualties

"Would you like to overturn Roe v. Wade?" Jeebus. As if we needed any more proof that this is a hostile moderator. Abortion is a constitutional right? Really? And here I was under the impression that it was legal through precedent and the lack of positive law forbidding it. To be fair, I'm not expert on the subject. I fail to understand Kerry's plan to remove pressure on the National Guard and Reserves by upping Special Forces numbers. Wasn't Reagan the one always condemned by the snarky-left for imagining war as being able to be fought solely in the Rambo vein? "The best way to remove pressure on our forces is to suceed in Iraq." Bingo bango, you're done, Senator. The entirety of his talking points on military funding come down to compensating for failure rather than carefully planning for success. ...Oh my. I take back my accusation of bias on the moderator's part. He let Bush end a piece on the best possible ridicule of Kerry's "Global Test" line, referring to his vote against the first and much-more-globally-popular Gulf War.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home