Thursday, September 30, 2004

You know exactly who's to blame

I'm going to miss tonight's debate, sadly. It coincides with my Nazi Germany class, and I can't really afford to miss three-hour lectures; there's just too few of them. And that's a shame, because I was hoping to liveblog all the debates. I'd even considered recording it, and doing it when I got home - but I have to work tomorrow morning, and by 11:00 the spin cycle will have already taken off to the extent that I'll be unable to come to a completely independent impression. There's something special about getting a real off-the-cuff impression without instant replay or meta-meta-analysis via others. Oh well. That said, I hope Kerry is still orange. He may have avoided pulling a Nixon-in-1960 bad showing by negotiating the room temperature, but a strange skin colour will be hard to hide with the direct comparison of cameras cutting between he and Bush. It'll serve him right if he is. This is what happens when a campaign micromanages the cosmetic appearance of a candidate just a bit too much...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did not miss much. Senator Kerry was not nearly orange enough to make me happy.

- Flea

10/01/2004 12:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home