Friday, September 17, 2004
- Name: Paul Denton
- Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I'm a university student living within spitting distance of Parliament Hill, with a profound sense of shame and embarassment for most things Canadian. You'd think this seems paradoxical, but it's not; I'm just self-loathing and masochistic. I'd have to be, to stay here for the time being. I lean right and pro-American, insofar as I see conservative politics to be the least harmful option among the existing choices and the United States the least oppressive of all nations; to paraphrase Winston Churchill, they're the worst, except for all the others. I doubt I'll manage to say anything unique or profound here, so I won't necessarily try. Expect personal anecdotes about Ottawa, bitter political banter, and the occasional bout of drooling over beautiful or quirky animation.
- Quite alive you find me; this tomb behind me, is w...
- Telling me lies before my eyes
- Some palazzo, like an abandoned movie set
- If you have clothing, forsake it
- That accounts for your respectful, polite, despica...
- Put your faith in books, and a mind of your own
- You never want to argue with a chorus line
- Fine Print
- You’re a gentleman and a scholar
- O hallowed halls and vine-draped walls