Tuesday, September 07, 2004

I turn the music on, I bring the fun in

I finally have one real complaint about iTunes. I just upgraded my DVD-ROM drive to a DVD-RW; my parents needed some home movies transferred and duplicated, and subsidized the new drive and stock of blank discs as an early Christmas present. The first thing I tried out was the disc burning feature in iTunes to back up the recent additions to my library since the last time I did, on 14 CDs, in February. It worked fine, and did the job quickly. But: The message in the status window, during the finalizing stage, was "this may take up to an hour". No capitals, no punctuation. That's inexcusable, by Apple's high standards. I know it's a minor thing, but that's where I really expect more from Apple than, say, Microsoft; I know their software is going to be buggy and sloppily-written. iTunes should be free of even that minor flaw.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home