Sunday, September 12, 2004
- Name: Paul Denton
- Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I'm a university student living within spitting distance of Parliament Hill, with a profound sense of shame and embarassment for most things Canadian. You'd think this seems paradoxical, but it's not; I'm just self-loathing and masochistic. I'd have to be, to stay here for the time being. I lean right and pro-American, insofar as I see conservative politics to be the least harmful option among the existing choices and the United States the least oppressive of all nations; to paraphrase Winston Churchill, they're the worst, except for all the others. I doubt I'll manage to say anything unique or profound here, so I won't necessarily try. Expect personal anecdotes about Ottawa, bitter political banter, and the occasional bout of drooling over beautiful or quirky animation.
- There's a fine, fine line
- We all know the day it changes, is the day we all ...
- Think of the effort, trying to get him to heighten...
- And my poor frayed nerves are all askew
- Yes, life's pretty cheap to that type
- Like an ordinary fool
- But how on earth can someone even half as civilize...
- The Road to Wellville
- You say "Hi, Bunny," and he stops for you