Monday, September 06, 2004

But you're working so hard that you don't even know you're alive

I'm not having a good day. First, I lost my bus pass - which, technically, probably happened yesterday. The last time I remember seeing it was about 10:00am Sunday, before hitting several places for errands and grocery shopping in the east end of town. I was panicking trying to scrounge it up this morning, and finally just decided at the last minute to skip it and use a ticket - and then, after work, just bite the bullet and buy a new one. I was half expecting to come home and find my roommate had just set it somewhere non-intuitive yesterday afternoon, but thankfully that was not the case. I'd be seriously angry if it was, because a monthly pass costs a non-refundable $52; at least if it was genuinely lost anywhere outside home, I feel less stupid wasting that much. Then, of course, today is Labour Day - which means humongo-crowds out shopping in the downtown area, which meant lots of opportunity to beef up commission pay at work today. Or should have, but I kept getting stuck with time-wasting returns and chores; I didn't check before I left, but I can't have made much today. Half the customers mobbing the place today were students needing ethernet cables, and I had the bad luck to catch more of them (of those I did serve) than those customers interested in higher-margin items. Honestly, I dislike commission sales; I really don't have that rabid anything-for-a-buck instinct. But a job's a job, and I'm knowledgeable enough on several technical areas that I can probably get away with middling sales performance. So, Idunno. I suppose this is just start-of-semester angst coupled with a job more stressful than I prefer. (Plus painful and annoying expenditures.) I just need to write more, and vent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home