Thursday, August 19, 2004
- Name: Paul Denton
- Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I'm a university student living within spitting distance of Parliament Hill, with a profound sense of shame and embarassment for most things Canadian. You'd think this seems paradoxical, but it's not; I'm just self-loathing and masochistic. I'd have to be, to stay here for the time being. I lean right and pro-American, insofar as I see conservative politics to be the least harmful option among the existing choices and the United States the least oppressive of all nations; to paraphrase Winston Churchill, they're the worst, except for all the others. I doubt I'll manage to say anything unique or profound here, so I won't necessarily try. Expect personal anecdotes about Ottawa, bitter political banter, and the occasional bout of drooling over beautiful or quirky animation.
- Doesn't mean we go around committing hate crimes
- Do you hear the people sing
- My philosophy's to travel hopefully
- This is what the British population calls an eleme...
- You can't stop the beat
- Happy talk, keep talkin' happy talk
- Damned if I'll yield at the end of the chase
- At the end of the day, they don't mean what they s...
- Cut the confessions, forget the excuses
- Caught inside that flickering light beam