Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Through a haze of noise and heat, and the smell of sweat and anger in the air

I don't pretend to know which candidate is going to win this election. But if what we're seeing today is indicative, I do know this much: If Bush wins, come November 3 we're going to witness the Mother of All Hissy Fits. I disagree - but only to call the situation much, much worse. If Bush wins, I think we'll see a major resurgence of the Downright Treasonous Left: those extremist Deaniacs and Kerryites and Chomsky-readers who actually have no compunctions about the use of lies, theft, sabotage, or violence (or whatever other means necessary) to cause as much FUD as they can. I fully expect domestic terrorism in the event of a Bush victory, and I only hope that police forces around the country are preparing for the possibility too. I also hope I'm wrong, of course, but I worry nonetheless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home