Monday, August 30, 2004
- Name: Paul Denton
- Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I'm a university student living within spitting distance of Parliament Hill, with a profound sense of shame and embarassment for most things Canadian. You'd think this seems paradoxical, but it's not; I'm just self-loathing and masochistic. I'd have to be, to stay here for the time being. I lean right and pro-American, insofar as I see conservative politics to be the least harmful option among the existing choices and the United States the least oppressive of all nations; to paraphrase Winston Churchill, they're the worst, except for all the others. I doubt I'll manage to say anything unique or profound here, so I won't necessarily try. Expect personal anecdotes about Ottawa, bitter political banter, and the occasional bout of drooling over beautiful or quirky animation.
- Peace Through Victory
- They are crowding the stage of these hallowed conf...
- Blind guides, blind fools
- Better than you, anyway
- Wait 'till you see tomorrow; tomorrow you won't be...
- But break, my heart; for I must hold my tongue
- You'd see the truth, but you close your eyes
- Fools, you have no perception
- I could listen to a babbling brook, and hear a son...
- Funny; but by the end, bitter and serious and dead...