Monday, August 09, 2004
- Name: Paul Denton
- Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I'm a university student living within spitting distance of Parliament Hill, with a profound sense of shame and embarassment for most things Canadian. You'd think this seems paradoxical, but it's not; I'm just self-loathing and masochistic. I'd have to be, to stay here for the time being. I lean right and pro-American, insofar as I see conservative politics to be the least harmful option among the existing choices and the United States the least oppressive of all nations; to paraphrase Winston Churchill, they're the worst, except for all the others. I doubt I'll manage to say anything unique or profound here, so I won't necessarily try. Expect personal anecdotes about Ottawa, bitter political banter, and the occasional bout of drooling over beautiful or quirky animation.
- They trampled on what was divine
- The street that wears a fancy label, that's glorif...
- Strange Bedfellows
- Whatever happened to Fay Wray, that delicate satin...
- It isn't very hard to tell; evil's a distinctive s...
- Smile a wretched smile, fill someone's glass
- You'll see at a glance, sir, my school is the answ...
- The orders they propose above
- Tower of Power
- With rules to be applied