Monday, August 02, 2004

I can see it all, down to every small detail

The job hunt continues: Today I had an interview at a nearby Radio Shack, which I think went well. It was notable mainly for one of the more unusual questions on their applicant personality test/psych profile questionnaire - "Tell us about your home computer." I suppose it makes a good test of simple product knowledge - if you can't remember at least the basic details of your computer, how could you be expected to learn and describe for customers details of an entire store full of gadgets and gewgaws? I gave the full specs (and network names) for all my computers - the Defiant (Dell Dimension 4550, P4 2.08gHz, 512mb RAM, GeForce FX 5900 SE video card, 200gb total HDD), Sao Paulo (Toshiba Satellite 1800-1PK, P3 1gHz, 128mb RAM, 20gb HDD), Excelsior (Gateway E-1400, Celeron 733mHz, 128mb RAM, ATI Radeon 8500 and ATI TV Wonder VE video cards, 15gb HDD), and Yangtzee Kiang (Dell Axim X5, Intel XScale 400mHz, 64mb RAM). The manager was either mildly impressed or weirded out by the level of detail; I'm not exactly sure which. (Would it have helped or hurt to add John Quincy iPod in there, too?)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude! No wonder you need a job!

Of course, there are, um, 5 computers hanging around Castle Argghhh!, too. Not to mention the two redundant machines in the garage awaiting media destruction and recycling...

And the most popular post on my blog is about potty blogging...

Never mind.

John of Argghhh!, fellow Red Ensign waver!

8/03/2004 09:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home