Wednesday, July 14, 2004
- Name: Paul Denton
- Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I'm a university student living within spitting distance of Parliament Hill, with a profound sense of shame and embarassment for most things Canadian. You'd think this seems paradoxical, but it's not; I'm just self-loathing and masochistic. I'd have to be, to stay here for the time being. I lean right and pro-American, insofar as I see conservative politics to be the least harmful option among the existing choices and the United States the least oppressive of all nations; to paraphrase Winston Churchill, they're the worst, except for all the others. I doubt I'll manage to say anything unique or profound here, so I won't necessarily try. Expect personal anecdotes about Ottawa, bitter political banter, and the occasional bout of drooling over beautiful or quirky animation.
- When Democrats Attack!
- Would you believe it; a wedding, in the last reel
- They've got to trail an' jail him, now
- Whether it's murder, mayhem or rage; don't complai...
- And all around me a voice was sounding
- To what is my life amounting; It figures, not much...
- A passport in my hand, my new life can begin
- Like a Surgeon
- Here in DC, they talk about Euro-disease
- And yet we both reached for the gun