Saturday, June 12, 2004

Music to Buy Toasters By

Apropos of nothing, and because I'm too tired to make sensible arguments on serious subjects tonight, I present something I find fascinating - the breakdown of play statistics in iTunes. As previously noted, these statistics (and smart playlists using them) are the primary reason I use iTunes, and the ease of compatibility therewith was the primary reason I bought an iPod. Ergo, the below - in which things I'd never think would, seem to have hit a play count of at least 10 - is all Apple's fault.
Name Artist Album Play Count
Teacher's Pet Various Artists Teacher's Pet 18
Bitch, Bitch, Bitch 1995 Original Cast Recording Jekyll & Hyde (Original Concept Cast) 17
Christian Charity (Reprise) Original Cast Recording Bat Boy 17
That's All I Need Nathan Lane The Lion King 1 1/2 16
Rest in Peace James Marsters Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Once More, With Feeling 14
Happy Go Lucky Me Paul Evans   14
Comfort and Joy Original Cast Recording Bat Boy 13
I Wanna Be A Boy Various Artists Teacher's Pet 13
I, Ivan Krank Various Artists Teacher's Pet 12
Wonderfalls Theme Andy Partridge Wonderfalls 11
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance Gene Pitney Billboard Top 100 Hits of 1962 11
Illinois John Linnell State Songs 11
Werewolf Mike Nelson Mystery Science Theater 3000 11
One Night In Bangkok Murray Head Chess (Single) 11
I Love to Singa Owl Jolson   11
Coda Sarah Michelle Gellar and James Marsters Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Once More, With Feeling 11
Mister Kiss Kiss Bang Bang Shirley Bassey James Bond 11
I'm Moving On Various Artists Teacher's Pet 11
Dracula From Houston Butthole Surfers Music From Scrubs 10
Boo Boo, Baba, Dee Dee Cartoon Network Cartoon Medley 10
Malaguena Salerosa Chingon Kill Bill Volume 2 10
The Gamera Song (Gamera vs. Guiron) Joel Hodgson Mystery Science Theater 3000 10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home