Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Aim high, we're having a ball

So, I went to vote in the new Super Special Extra Turbo EXTREME advance balloting today. This is new since the last federal election; it started last week, and is an option until the regular advance voting starts this Friday. The only catch is that the actual ballots haven't been printed yet, so it's strictly write-in. It was, however, only slightly more convenient than my actual assigned polling station, which was my main reason for doing it early. Thanks to misreading the address, I had thought it was four blocks closer. Oh well. The only downside is, that should it be suddenly revealed Mike Murphy is a regular connoisseur of plump, succulent babies, I'm really screwed. Enh; he's a long-shot anyway. If either the Liberals or NDP win my riding, I'm more or less satisfied - if NDP, because it'll be denying the Liberals a seat, and if Liberal, because it'll be shutting out Ed Broadbent, whom I greatly dislike. It's a win-lose situation either way. On the plus side, at least I'm no longer living in Renfrew-Nipissing-Pembroke, where I probably couldn't vote for the Conservative candidate in good conscience. Now, I can concentrate on the pretentious pontificating I love so well, and not worry about having to remember to go out and vote. Excellent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home