Sunday, May 30, 2004

Poor Fool, He Makes Me Laugh

Boy Howdy, this election is turning out to be a great show. I never dreamed it would actually turn into something so genuinely interesting, considering the last two. This implies the NDP is running scared from both the Greens (who are actually running a candidate in every riding this time, for the federal matching funds alone) and the Marijuana Party. I realize that a sizable portion of the population may be indifferent to decriminalization at the very least (I'm not - make penalties harsher for even simple possession, I say), but I doubt this plan is going to be popular with the soccer moms and seniors who consider the NDP a reasonable second choice. A divided left, rapidly-crumbling centre, and united right? Everything's coming up roses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home